- To re-energize debate and public speaking among Uganda’s young population
- To conduct debate training in different institutions of learning as well as communities.
- To plan and organize debate tournaments at regional and national level
- To partner with other stake holders involved in debate
- To carry out research on modern trend as far as debate and public speaking are concerned
- To help the youths develop critical thinking and situational analysis
- Debate involves tolerance. We encourage the youths to tolerate divergent views from their opponents
- In modern debate, we work as a team; therefore, we teach young people to cooperate and work as a team.
- To produce a well-informed, confident, intelligent and problem solving citizenry
- Advocate for youths’ rights and empowerment
UDA will embark on a number of activities which it intends to carry out in the country’s respective regions.
- Mobilize all youths from various Institutions of learning and communities to come together and work on a common ideology
- Hold trainings and debate tournaments/ championships
- Mobilise resources for the Society through various stakeholders especially government, donors, students and well-wishers.
- Collaborate with other agencies involved in debate
- Transparency and Accountability
- Consensus building
- Unity in diversity
- Human Rights observation